Thursday, August 6, 2009

NEW FRANCHISES WILL KILL YOUR CENTER

They're at it again. If a candidate has money - even an existing franchisee who's behind on their accounts, has terrible customer complaint levels, sends customers to other repair centers in order to avoid paying royalties - and that candidate plops down a deposit, then Corporate will drop a center right in top of you. I know. They just put one on the street parellel to me but only 2 miles away. Their excuse: "different traffic patterns." What horseshit. They never talked to any of the owners in the market, would not provide me any qualitative or quantitative information to back up their claims, and I had to escalate to get them to even return my calls. WOW - what a terrible investment I made in AAMCO. I almost feel sorry for all those Cottman guys who converted to AAMCO - now they're member of the largest network of the worst run franchise company in the automotive industry. And corporate - well, they are just out for their own money. Every time the run an existing shop out of business, they have an opportunity to try and dupe another idiot into paying for a money-losing AAMCO franchise.

2 comments:

  1. The franchise agreement of any Franchise system is written to benefit the franchisor. One of the few rights in our franchise agreement is the right to be advised of a new location and to have aamco receive and consider input from the existing dealers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to talk to the author of this blog. I am a dealer in Chesapeake Virginia. Center 4660. Please contact me. Jim Dunlap

    ReplyDelete